Supervisor Partner Network

About Supervision

Part of the certification process for both Mental Health Peer Specialists and Recovery Support Peer Specialists is the completion of 250 hours of volunteer or paid work experience specific to MHPS or RSPS.

These hours must be completed under the supervision of a Peer Specialist Supervisor.

Internal or external supervision can be provided, which means that the supervisor overseeing your hours does not have to work in the same organization where you are completing your 250 hours.

If you do not have access to an internal supervisor at your workplace or internship, we can help you connect with a PSS who will oversee these work hours to get you certified.

Before You Start

Before reaching out to any of our Partnered Supervisors, you need to have completed your initial application for RSPS or MHPS certification and have received an approval email from the Texas Certification Board (TCB) approving you to begin your supervised 250 work experience hours.

To learn more about the state application process, read this article.

Once approved by TCB, you will need to find an internship site where you can complete your 250 hours. This internship opportunity can be a paid or volunteer position.

If you need help finding an internship opportunity, reaching out to the supervisors on the list below is a good place to start. If you are still having trouble, reach out to PeerForce for assistance through our contact us page.

Viewing all members who are