Community Health Liaison – School of Biomedical Informatics – Beaumont
What we do here changes the world. UTHealth Houston is Texas’ resource for healthcare education, innovation, scientific discovery, and excellence in patient care. That’s where you come in.
We are hiring for a community health liaison to be based in Beaumont, Texas.
Once you join us you won’t want to leave. It’s because we reward our team for the excellent service they provide. Our total rewards package includes the benefits you’d expect from a top healthcare organization (benefits, insurance, etc.), plus:
100% paid medical premiums for our full-time employees
Generous time off (holidays, preventative leave day, both vacation and sick time – all of which equates to around 37-38 days per year)
The longer you stay, the more vacation you’ll accrue!
Longevity Pay (Monthly payments after two years of service)
Build your future with our awesome retirement/pension plan!
We take care of our employees! As a world-renowned institution, our employees’ wellbeing is important to us. We offer work/life services such as…
Free financial and legal counseling
Free mental health counseling services
Gym membership discounts and access to wellness programs
Other employee discounts including entertainment, car rentals, cell phones, etc.
Resources for child and elder care
Plus many more!
Interviews research subjects, primarily in the field, collects data and records data for various health studies.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Interviews and established rapport with study participants in order to encourage complete accurate responses and continuing participation in the study. Works in the field, either going to homes or places of business or at specific study areas.
2. Contacts study participants to schedule interviews in the research study.
3. Decides methods of tracking participants, how to conduct interviews, and whether callbacks are necessary to get further information while coding.
4. Researches newspaper files, hospital records, funeral homes, and all other available resources to obtain names, addresses, phone numbers and other information about study participants.
5. Conducts intervention with research subjects and refers to appropriate physician or healthcare practitioner as outlines in the study policies, procedures, and protocols.
6. Schedules tests and physicals as outlines in the study policies, procedures, and protocols.
7. Codes and edits information for research projects for entry into database.
8. Handles administrative details such as time and effort reports, and mileage reports.
9. Other duties as assigned
Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
High school degree or equivalent.
No experience required.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Employees must permanently reside and work in the State of Texas.
To apply for this job please visit uth.referrals.selectminds.com.