Peer and Recovery Services Program Specialist VI
Website Texas Health and Human Services Commission
Under the supervision of the Peer and Recovery Services Manager, the Program Specialist VI performs consultative and technical tasks related to the development and implementation of HHSC agency activities and functions that pertain to services having to do with lived experience. The Program Specialist VI is part of the Peer and Recovery Services Programs, Policy and Planning
(PRSPPP) Unit, a team of individuals that have subject matter expertise in peer support and recovery-oriented services. The PRSPPP Unit oversees the following peer-involved programs and initiatives.
• Peer workforce development
• Technical assistance for peer support services
• Peer certification and training contractors
• Consumer operated service organizations
• Recovery community organizations
• Liaison efforts with Medicaid and with other agencies who provide peer services
The Team interfaces with external partners to coordinate policy development and analysis that involves state health and human services issues, specifically services that impact peer delivered services. The Program Specialist VI works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
To apply for this job please visit jobshrportal.hhsc.state.tx.us.