Website Hill Country MHDD Centers
At Hill Country Mental Health and Developmental Disabilities Center our vision is to empower people, foster hope, support choice, and celebrate success.
**HILL COUNTRY MHDD CENTERS IS OFFERING A $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR ALL FULL-TIME, NEW HIRE EMPLOYEES**
Help us help others:
A Peer Specialist is someone with their own lived experience with mental health challenges who is far enough along in their recovery to work in a professional environment and walk alongside others as they navigate their recovery journey.
Candidates must be willing and able to:
Share their recovery story with incoming and current clientele as a way of inspiring HOPE that people can and do recover from the life disruptions often associated with mental health challenges.
Provide practical, real-world support in coping with life’s day to day demands through modeling and coaching approaches to mental health recovery.
** A Current Certification as a Mental Health Peer Specialist is Preferred, but not required **
Hill Country MHDD Centers will pay for the Mental Health Peer Specialist certification training ($650) for a candidate that comes to the table with a working knowledge of what peer support is and is not.
A qualified candidate will recognize Peer Support as a profession as well as an ongoing effort to promote change within the system of care by advocating for person-centered care and honoring the voice and choice of service participants.
To learn more please complete the online self-assessment and orientation then fill out and save the attestation that you have completed the self-assessment and orientation and upload along with your resume.
You will get to:
- Promote the value of self-help, peer support and personal empowerment to foster recovery.
- Coach individuals in positive skill-building techniques for improved life management (e.g., problem solving, identifying and overcoming fears and negative self-talk).
- Model effective coping techniques and self-help strategies
- Organize, plan, and facilitate, peer support groups
- Effectively manage conflict, promote change and growth, and inspire the development of all individuals served
- Look for growth opportunities in the system of care, and voice growth and development ideas to supervisor to continuously improve services provided through peer support
- Develop meaningful, innovative group engagement activities, based on the needs of the individuals of the group; with a “Whole Health” approach
- Manage schedule to keep individuals served informed and updated on activities
- Assist with outreach
You’ll definitely need:
- To be far enough along in your own recovery journey to walk alongside others on their journey.
- Computer skills to utilize our Electronic Health Record to submit timely and accurate documentation.
- A High School Diploma/GED
- A valid Texas driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred, but not required
We’ll also want you to:
- Employ excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage and report effectively.
- Maintain a well-organized schedule and travel as necessary to ensure completion of duties.
- Maintain accurate and timely collaborative documentation with adherence to HIPPA regulations.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and collaborate with youth and families served to develop treatment planning.
- Adapt approach to meet all types of communication styles and personalities while effectively implementing solutions that work.
- Employ excellent verbal and written communication skills to engage, instruct, and manage team and collaborate with individuals and families. Review team documentation.
- Maintain a well-organized schedule while allowing room for flexibility and adjustments with up to 25% travel.
- Sustain a calm demeanor when under pressure to handle sometimes difficult situations.
- Provide exemplary customer service and care to individuals with their best interest at heart.
- Work autonomously to complete assignments within community and HHSC standards with a high level of quality.
- Work cooperatively with others and be punctual and consistent in attendance because your people will rely on you!
We’re excited to provide:
- Employer paid PPO health insurance plan for full time employees.
- PPO dental plans and vision insurance options for healthy teeth and eyes.
- Employer paid life insurance.
- 401(a) plan, employer matches your contributions dollar for dollar up to 8% of your salary. You are 100% vested after 3 years of service.
- 457/403(b) plan, employees are immediately eligible to contribute pre-tax earnings.
- Generous paid time off for fun and vacations plus paid sick time for whether you’re under the weather or for personal wellness days.
- Authentic and caring environment where folks care about each other.
We can pay you:
$15.52 per hour plus good karma for doing good in the world
To apply for this job please visit hillcountry.org.