Peer Recovery Coach
Website Gulf Bend Center
WORKSITE LOCATION: Gulf Bend Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $15.00 – $16.50 FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SHIFT: Fulltime; Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm, some on-call shifts evenings or weekends
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: A high school diploma or a high school equivalency certificate issued in accordance with the law of the issuing state. The individual must have at least one cumulative year of receiving mental health services for a disorder that is treated in the target population for Texas and must be under direct clinical supervision of an LPHA.
DEGREE AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIRED (IF APPLICABLE): Completion of Core training and passing score on the core training knowledge assessment. After completion Applicants must apply for an Initial 6-month certification that includes completion of 250 supervised hours. Once they have 250 hours of supervised experience, they can apply for the Full Certification. Hours must be earned under the supervision of a certified Peer Specialist Supervisor (PSS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Provides services to individuals according to the treatment plan from a recovery-oriented recovery coach framework in collaboration with the treatment team and clinical supervision with an LPHA.
2. Provides ninety five percent (95%) of services in the individuals’ natural environment.
3. Links individuals to appropriate community resources as necessary and describes how the resource has helped them in their own recovery.
4. Provides vision driven hope and encouragement, support people in their recovery, and assist them in connecting to the community.
5. Informs people served of available service options and choices while promoting the use of natural supports and resources within the community.
6. Provides advocacy to individuals.
7. Shares personal recovery experiences and develops authentic peer-to-peer relationships.
8. Support individuals in becoming self-determining through sharing mutual experiences.
9. Offers instruction and support to help people develop the skills they need to facilitate their individual recovery.
10. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
11. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
12. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E’s of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R’s of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST:
All abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job:
Walking, Operating office equipment, Standing, Operating motor vehicle, Light lifting, under 15 lbs., Sitting, Ability to see, Identify colors, Depth perception needed, Light carrying, under 15 lbs., Hearing (with aid), Straight pulling, Ability to write, Ability to count, Ability to read, Simple grasping, and Ability to tell time
All work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car, Inside, Working closely with others, and Working alone
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? Yes DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
1. Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
2. Must be insurable by Center’s liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
3. Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
4. Must complete all CORE training requirements prior to the due date.
5. Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
6. Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a fulltime position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program’s processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit gulfbend.e3applicants.com.