Group Facilitation: A Peer-Based Approach was developed for anyone who currently facilitates peer-led groups or those who would like to facilitate peer-led groups (i.e. groups where the facilitator has shared lived experience with the group members). Examples are Mental Health Peer Specialists, Certified Family Partners, Recovery Support Specialists, and peers working in other fields where group support is utilized. This training uses healing-centered group facilitation techniques and aims to help people build and refine their skills as a facilitator through reflection, practice, and relationship-building.
This three-day training provides participants with information and an opportunity to practice the core components of effective group facilitation: preparation, facilitation, and debriefing/feedback. Throughout the training, many of the activities used to build concrete knowledge and skills are also tools that facilitators can use in their own groups.
The curriculum is designed to be highly interactive. Activities include individual and small group exercises, discussions, and objective knowledge, attitude, and skills building.
This continuing education unit (CEU) training provides 13.5 credits.
- The registration fee for this training is $240. (Payment required at time of registration)
- Registration fee is non-refundable
- Applications for the training will be accepted in the order received, so apply as soon as possible.
Apply here January 6-February 6, 2023
- Link to registration page: https://www.viahope.org/resources/group-facilitation-elearning/
- Location Address : Virtual
- Phone Number: 5129538160
- Organization Name: Via Hope
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org