Full Job Description
Seeking and upbeat and dynamic Peer Navigator with lived experiences, help people with mental health and substance abuse issues, find and access the services needed. They act as a liaison between individuals and their healthcare providers, helping to facilitate communication and ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to treatment plans and other decisions.
Peer Navigators may also provide emotional support and encouragement to those they serve. They are the first responders or front-line person as needed. This can be especially helpful for people dealing with mental health issues who may feel isolated or alone in their struggles.
Peer navigators’ responsibilities, which can include:
· Engages in face-to-face contact with peers to help assess their needs, provide peer support, education and help facilitate referrals to social services.
· Educating clients about available services, including counseling and medical resources.
· Supporting community outreach programs.
· Helping clients develop healthy relationships, by encouraging communication between the client and their support system.
· Participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
· Encourages peers to attend consumer meetings/support groups and supports their efforts to develop empowerment skills through self-advocacy.
· Demonstrates respect and cultural sensitivity to peers, family members, visitors, and fellow employees.
· Demonstrates strong customer-service oriented behaviors. Treats everyone in a polite, professional manner. Handles concerns, problems and issues in a manner that is helpful and responsive.
· Providing emotional support to clients who are having difficulty adjusting to home life, school, and their recovery.
· Complies with Agency policies and procedures, and demonstrates professional, ethical, and confidential conduct in all work behavior.
· Performing administrative tasks as needed.
· High School diploma
· Must self-identify as a user of Recovery and Mental Health Services with no crisis services or hospitalization within a year.
· A Certified Peer Specialist / have equivalent certification or must take the Certified Peer Specialist training within 6 months of hiring.
· Bi-lingual is a strong plus
Job Type: Part-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
New Braunfels, TX 78132: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit www.nutexhealth.com.