Gulf Bend Center
WORKSITE LOCATION: GBC Regional Plaza, 6502 Nursery Drive, Suite 100, Victoria TX 77904
PAY RANGE: $15.00 – $16.50 EEOC CODE: Paraprofessional FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SHIFT: Full time. Primarily Monday thru Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
REPORTS TO: Program Manager, Child & Adolescent Services
LEVEL OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED: General
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or GED.
· Must be a parent or Legally Authorized Representative of a child/adolescent with a mental health diagnosis. Child may be an adult currently but had a mental health diagnosis before the age of 18.
· Must have at least one year of experience navigating community service systems for children and adolescents (such as mental health, special education, juvenile justice, child protective services, etc).
· Must have lived experience that speaks to accomplishments concerning their child/youth’s mental health including being in a stable place in their recovery and/or resiliency.
· Must be able to speak about their lived experience to help primary caregivers better learn how to help their child with a mental health diagnosis.
· Can meet requirements of a Medicaid background check.
JOB PURPOSE: The Family Partner provides support to primary caregivers of children and adolescents receiving mental health servicesas they participate in their child’s treatment, wellness and recovery. Is instrumental in engaging families as active participants in the treatment process. Acts as a role model for the concepts of hope, positive parenting, advocacy and self-care skills that will ultimately benefit the resilience and recovery of the youth. Provides information, referrals, and skills training. Assists in identifying and accessing community resources, services, and informal supports to meet child and family needs. Participates as an active team member of the Child and Family Team for families in Wraparound and YES Waiver. Provides services in the community and/or clinic. Meets multiple deadlines and reporting requirements. May require travel within the 7-county area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES:
1. Completes Family Partner certification training within one year of employment.
2. Provides services in accordance with HHSC Contract and TRR Fidelity per supervisory review.
3. Provides services to primary caregivers of individuals in their preferred environment (home, community, office). Does not provide services directly to the child or youth.
4. Assists families in accessing appropriate community resources as needed.
5. Provides Patient and Family Education in accordance with TRR Fidelity per supervisor review.
6. Demonstrates appropriate responsiveness to customer needs as demonstrated by no legitimate consumer, collateral or co-worker complaints.
7. Attends all required team meetings as scheduled by program supervisor unless excused by Program Supervisor.
8. Works up to 40 hours per week during the Center’s regular business hours of Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm unless approved in advance.
9. Documents services collaboratively according to Medicaid Rule and HHSC Contract per supervisory review.
10. Completes all paperwork according to Medicaid Rule, HHSC Contract and Center Policy.
11. Submits documentation of services within two business days.
12. Must maintain regular and reliable attendance.
13. Complies with telework/remote agreement.
14. Uses the trauma informed care approach when providing services and working with others.
· Understands the Three E’s of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the Four R’s of trauma-informed care.
· Understands the six key principles of trauma-informed care.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, and COMPETENCY:
1. Exhibits cooperative teamwork with other staff to accomplish the efficient operation of the program by assisting co-workers as necessary, to meet customer needs and contract requirements with no verified complaints.
2. Models professionalism by appropriate dress, language, ethics, and work habits 100% of the time.
3. Demonstrates an ability to communicate effectively both orally, and in writing 100% of the time.
4. Uses a laptop, Microsoft Office, and other technological device (ex. cell phone) as required to complete all work assignments.
5. Accomplishes 95% of assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
6. Uses sound judgment in the release of information as evidenced by lack of complaints or consumer rights findings.
7. Follows Fleet car policy as required. Reports all fleet problems directly to the program director immediately upon identifying the problem.
Gulf Bend Center utilizes a trauma-informed approach to care that “realizes the widespread impact of trauma and understands potential paths for recovery; recognizes the signs and symptoms of trauma in clients, families, staff, and others involved in the system; and responds by fully integrating knowledge about trauma into policies, procedures, and practices, and seeks to actively resist re-traumatization.” The six key principles of a trauma-informed approach include: safety; trustworthiness and transparency; peer support; collaboration and mutuality; empowerment, voice and choice; and cultural, historical and gender issues (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration ).
· The Three E’s of Trauma: Events, Experiences, and Effects.
· The Four R’s: Key Assumptions in a Trauma Informed Approach – Realization, Recognize, Respond, Resist Re-traumatization.
EQUIPMENT, TOOLS AND MATERIALS: Laptop, telephone, cell phone, calculator, fax machine, printer, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties. Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and ENVIRONMENTAL CHECKLIST: Abilities required to perform the essential and marginal tasks of this job: Walking, operating office equipment, standing, operating motor vehicle, light lifting (under 15 lbs), sitting, ability to see, identify colors, twisting, light carrying (under 15 lbs), hearing (with aid), straight pulling, ability to write, climbing stairs, ability to count, ability to read, simple grasping, ability to tell time.
Work site and environmental conditions that apply to this job: Travel by car 50% of time, outside, inside, working closely with others, working alone.
CRED/PRIV REQUIRED? No DRIVING REQUIRED: Yes
Interacts with employees’ contractors, customers, community, family members, referral sources, governmental sponsoring and funding entities, program auditors, advocacy groups, and the media.
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Work behavior must be compatible with Center value statement and Policies and Procedures contributing to an environment of problem solving, building trust, conflict resolution, and customer service. Ability to perform tasks effectively and efficiently.
Ability to plan and schedule work and implement directives without constant supervision.
Ability to present a professional appearance and conduct when representing the Center.
Ability to work cooperatively and productively with supervisor, individuals, co-workers, and groups of persons at all levels of activity, contributing to a strong spirit of teamwork.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, other agencies and the general public using tact, courtesy and good judgment.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS OR CONDITIONS:
Current State of Texas Driver License or if you live in another state, must be currently licensed in that state. Liability insurance required.
Must be insurable by Center’s liability carrier if employee operates a Center vehicle or drives personal car on Center business.
Good driving record as defined by Gulf Bend Center.
Must complete all training requirements prior to the due date.
Must have computer experience to include: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must have good organizational skills to achieve multiple deadlines. Ability to type 40 wpm.
Must maintain regular attendance and reliability which is critical to business operations. This is a Full time position. Days and hours of work are during Center’s regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm or agreed upon hours 100% of the time, to ensure consistency and completeness of program’s processes. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Gulf Bend Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job please visit gulfbend.e3applicants.com.